Sunday, October 31, 2010

Kids

Dear Diary,

I spent today helping out with a fall festival for kids at church today.  It was great.  I love kids.  They are authentic.  If they are happy, they will let you know.  If they are mad, they will also let you know.  They are honest and true to themselves.  I think there's a lot we (not kids) can learn from them.  I want authenticity in my life.  I also want authenticity from others, but that does not happen all the time.  Moving on, today was a great day.  I have missed working with kids the last few years, but today felt right.  Today felt like I was fulfilling my purpose.  Maybe that's too deep or maybe it's too superficial but it feels authentic.

Changing gears, it reminded me how much I miss AH and JH.  They are two awesome kids I know from up north where I used to work until several months ago.  I have always said I find it difficult to say I love anyone, but I love those kids so much.  Today was amazing and sad because I am reminded of how much I miss AH and JH.  The great thing though, is that I wouldn't miss them if I didn't care about them so much.  It reminds me that occasionally someone manages to break through my defences enough to affect me like this.

Thank you God for today.
-Clinton

No comments: